Diversity Award Criteria – iAwards
Purpose of the Award
To recognise an individual, group or company that has engaged in, promoted and maintained diversity and inclusion by creating an environment that recognises encourages and embraces the talents of each individual.
AIIA recognises the role of diversity and inclusion as an essential ingredient in the growth and continued success of the industry and the organisations who exist and serve the digital world.
To embrace true diversity and inclusion, our industry must represent the world around us; a variety of cultures, experiences, expertise and viewpoints. Diversity encompasses age, education level, ethnicity and race, gender expression and identity, nationality, national origin, physical and mental ability, political and religious perspectives, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other human differences.
The Diversity Award is given to an individual, a group or a company because of what they have achieved or seek to accomplish.
Eligibility for the Award
An individual, group or company who has raised awareness, taken initiatives, promoted, or demonstrated excellence, commitment behaviours and leadership in one or numerous following areas:
- Pay scales: recognising and closing the gender pay gap, ensuring equality of pay.
- % of diversity across the company per our description above
- % of diversity across C Suite and in Board Positions
- DEI Policy, reporting and measurement in place and tracked.
- Bringing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, values, and beliefs as assets to a group of organisations with which they interact.
- Establishing an environment that recognises and encourages the effective use of everyone’s talents and other contributions to the cause of diversity.
- Promotion and fostering of diversity programmes such as mentoring, support networks, internship programmes, co-op programmes, work study, diversity training, or other opportunities.
- Development of management accountability/tracking methods as means of quantifying the impact of the efforts to increase and maintain diversity.
Criteria to consider
- What is the diversity make-up of the organisation (based on the above)
- Diversity represented at Senior Leadership/Boards
- Diversity in technical roles
- Diversity of senior roles (Nationality etc)
- How does your organisation have diversity at the forefront of recruitment policies?
- Tracking promotions, particularly in minority groups
- How does your organisation ensure equal pay for equal work?
Tip: Please provide evidence: endorsed by a minimum of 3 members of either: staff/partners/suppliers.
How to Apply:
Please send your submission of no more than 1,000 words to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Submission for Diversity Award ” by Friday 11th August at 5pm AEST.
Please provide the contact details for the award committee to contact.
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion subcommittee of the Board will develop a shortlist for consideration and then seek to clarify with finalists to determine a winner.
The inaugural winner will be announced at the iAwards National Gala Awards evening on 31st August at SkyCity in Adelaide.