Networking for Digital Employers and International Students
Wednesday, 22 March 2023
4:00 PM – 6:30 PM (ACDT)
UCity – Room 3
Level 1, 26 Franklin Street, Adelaide, SA 5000
Every year, thousands of highly qualified and experienced international students graduate from South Australian universities and colleges, with the ability to work for up to 5 years in SA from the moment they complete their studies.
Did you know they come from 120+ countries as diverse as Brazil and Colombia, India, Vietnam, and Kenya?
International graduates also get work rights that make it as easy to employ them as a local, with no costs or paperwork required by the employer.
Join us for an informative session providing:
• Knowledge of the international graduate work visas
• Benefits of employing international students
• An overview of the skills and experience of our international graduates
• Practical tips on how to connect with graduates
• Hearing from a local business that has successfully addressed skills shortages by employing international students
• Insights from a highly qualified and experienced international graduate who is now working for an SA business
• Ways to welcome international students into your workplace.
Chief Executive – StudyAdelaide
Jane’s career in international education and marketing includes senior roles with the University of Adelaide and StudyAdelaide, where she commenced as Chief Executive at the start of the year.
StudyAdelaide’s role is to increase awareness of Adelaide as a study destination and deliver programs to ensure international students have a rewarding experience in Adelaide. This includes connecting students into the community and workplaces. Jane has overseen the creation of Job Shop and expansion of Employer Portal – both Australian firsts – and developed nationally award-winning marketing campaigns. Her passion for the industry stems from understanding the transformational impact of international education firsthand from her own time studying in Canada.
Thank you to our sponsor