Australian Information Industry Association
The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) is Australia’s peak representative body and advocacy group for those in the digital ecosystem. Membership is for organisations (not individuals) and some of the brands within our membership family include Google, Apple, Microsoft, Deloitte, Cisco, Optus, Telstra, together with Universities, Incubators, SMEs and start-ups.
The AIIA currently has an opportunity for a sales and business development professional to join our team, as Membership Representative. The successful candidate will be results driven, a creative thinker, familiar with the technology industry, enjoy working with people and closing deals and can work autonomously, as well as part of a team.
Reporting directly to the GM Partnerships and Membership, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Attracting new members to AIIA
- Supporting member retention activity through relationship management and consultative selling
- Confidently communicating the AIIA membership value proposition
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- 2 + years' experience in sales, with experience and demonstrated success in consultative B2B environment
- Experience within an association is advantageous, but not essential
- The ability to achieve results by demonstrating both revenue and profitability improvements through commercial acumen, problem solving, and relationship management
- Ability to navigate complex situations effectively via enquiry and questioning skills
- Exceptional communication skills and influencing skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- A creative and curious mindset with the confidence to suggest change and innovate.
This role reports to the General Manager – Partnerships & Membership and is Sydney-based.
- Full time (We offer a flexible work environment; some time will need to be spent out of normal office hours as some regular member meetings commence at 7.30am and others may not conclude until 7pm.
- Business Development
- Information Technology and Services
- Not-for-profit/Industry Association
Our team is passionate about innovation and everything that we do is about improving Australia’s economic and social prosperity through tech-led innovation.