Eagle & Gate Pty Ltd
EAGLEGATE is a boutique Intellectual Property, Information Security and Privacy law firm.
EAGLEGATE's goal is to provide fresh, modern and agile solutions to your legal needs. We practice in the Information technology, privacy and information security practice areas as our 10+ years of industry experience provides us with the winning (and experienced) edge.
Our Client Focus
Our clients are our focus. We aim to create deep relationships with clients to fully understand our client’s goals and objectives. We partner with clients and to and provide tailored solutions – both practical and cost effective.
Our service offerings include:
- enforcing patents, trade marks, copyright rights (including software programs) and design registrations;
- technology agreements, including SAAS and other cloud agreements; misleading and deceptive conduct;
- confidential information protection and misuse of confidential information; and
- data breaches, un-authorised disclosures, regulatory compliance, mandatory notification laws and breach responses.
Our Principal acts in complex litigation matters, conducts Anton Piller searches to protect and seize confidential information, negotiates licensing agreements to commercialise intellectual property and has performed intellectual property due diligences relating to the acquisition of software/assets worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
Our Principal is a Doyles guide recommended lawyers, has a Masters in IP, is an electrical engineer and a registered Trade Marks Attorney. She has been practicing IP law for over 10 years and is a director of the Australian Information Security Association (AISA), is on the cyber working group of the Queensland law society, is a former director of the AuDA, is the only Australian on the AIPPI Trade Secret Standing Committee and is the immediate past QLD Chairperson of IPSANZ.
Our Indicative Cases
Over the last 10+ years our Principal has provided both preemptive and reactive advice to clients in all economic and legal positions. She has run and won numerous proceedings involving intellectual property infringement, confidential information theft and information security.
Indicative cases include:
- Representing Discount Drug Stores to obtain registration of the colours Purple and Orange (pantones) as a trade mark.
- Representing Majans to obtain registration of the BHUJA trade mark.
- Representing Hexagon Mining and Leica Geosystems in a software theft matter and obtaining orders against both the ex-employee and the employer.
- Representing a copyright owner in the unauthorised use of three promotional images and obtaining judgement for $20,000 for additional damages and $7,000 for reputational damage.
- Representing a client against Chanel in a trade mark dispute, with the result of our client being granted the trade mark registration.