Join the Community:
Become an AIIA Member today.
Non-Executive Director Remuneration Report
The increasing complexity of corporate governance in financial institutions – typically the bellwether for the Australian market – is indicative of a broader trend for all Australian companies. The role of Non-Executive Directors (NED) has become more multifaceted than ever before as Boards look to navigate organisations through this highly dynamic and demanding environment.
Consequently, organisations find themselves contending for high quality NED talent in an intensely competitive marketplace. A key determinant of success in acquiring and retaining the right talent is market competitive remuneration. Without accurate market data, organisations run a real risk of coming up short on this front.
The complimentary summary report, covers base Board fees for Chairs and Members, committee fee schedules, and high-level insights into NED remuneration policies including fee pools, average fee increases, minimum shareholding guidelines, and more. This remuneration report is among Australia’s largest and most comprehensive source of NED fee information.
Analysis across multiple sectors
- Communication Services
- Consumer Discretionary
- Consumer Staples
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
- Real Estate
Key survey features
- Composition of Boards
- Number & type of committees
- Number of directors on the Board
- Number of directors in each committee
- Total fee pool for NEDs
- Scheduled non-executive director fee split by Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Member
- Scheduled committee fee split by Chairman and Members
- Number of Board meetings and committee meetings
- Shareholding guidelines
- Fee ratio of Chairman to Directors
- Gender representation and pay ratios.