Australian Information Industry Association
Work with AIIA - we are on the search for a marcomms ninja
Marketing & Communications Executive
Part-time 12 month contract
Based in Sydney
This part-time position sits within the events team, a small and enthusiastic team who thrive on new ideas and challenging the status quo. This brand-building role is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic, relevant and accountable marketing communications activity for the AIIA. Content development is a big part of the role, creating a consistent voice and messaging for the AIIA that will be incorporated across all AIIA communication platforms.
Here’s the role in a snapshot:
- Develop and implement marketing content to promote and sell in our national events and membership program.
- Develop social media content.
- Manage and compile the annual reporting process.
- Manage and grow the AIIA brand.
- Contribute to the development of a CEO media profile with the GM Government and Policy Relations to enhance brand awareness
- Manage assessment of online member communication process for effectiveness toward member and event campaigns.
- Develop plan for collection of marketing collateral at events (i.e. interviews, filming keynotes, vox pops etc).
- Manage key messaging for events and write the associated event collateral including marketing collateral, speaking notes, invitations etc.
- Write content for electronic direct mail communications.
- Develop internal and external hard copy marketing collateral.
To be successful
You are inquisitive and want to understand what your customers want, both internal and external. You thrive in a fast paced organisation and are excellent at juggling a number of balls. You’re passionate about innovation, digital disruption and don’t mind the odd hashtag. You excel at highlighting to different audiences what’s in it for them while making sure it’s a win/win for all stakeholders.
You also need the following skills:
- Related qualifications.
- Demonstrable experience in a marketing communications role, within the ICT industry or similar.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with all levels including senior executives and government.
- Desktop publishing and basic graphic design a plus.
Want to apply?
Send your CV to Alison Shapiera on email@example.com, including a covering letter telling us why you think the AIIA is a great fit for you, why you are a great fit for the AIIA and a success story from your past experience.