Australian Information Industry Association
Membership Relations Support Officer
The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) is looking for an outgoing and organised Membership Relations Support Officer to represent Australia’s peak representative body and advocacy group for those in the digital ecosystem. Help grow the ICT industry, and contribute to the prosperity of Australia’s future.
The primary purpose as the Membership Relations Support Officer is to provide effective support to the Councils and Special Interest Groups. This includes coordinating timings, venues, and setup of the meetings, as well as preparing the agendas and minutes for distribution.
To be successful in this role you must be highly organised, able to multi-task, have excellent communication and written skills, motivated and comfortable working in a small team. Having an outgoing, friendly personality and being approachable is extremely important. You must be willing to step in and take the lead on tasks and be willing to assist in the coordination of various groups and Councils. We want you to put your own spin on things and be comfortable changing or improving processes to drive efficiency.
The role would be made up, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Coordinating venues, teleconferences, and meeting invitations for monthly state-based councils (4 in total per month) and SIG meetings (currently 7 in total per month);
- Preparation of agenda items for distribution to relevant Councils and SIGs
- Attending Council/SIG meetings (in person/via teleconference) and maintain records including recording and circulating meeting minutes and action plans.
- Follow-up on action plans and ensure that the GM Partnerships & Membership actions plans are followed up on;
- Linking our volunteer based Councils and our Executive Team, disseminating information from Council and SIG meetings;
- Managing the GM Partnerships & Membership diary by organising meetings with key members & booking travel requirements;
- Acting as the first line of enquiry on behalf of the Membership Team, answering email/phone enquiries;
- Responding to phone calls, emails and correspondence in an efficient and professional manner;
- Identify and implement opportunities & campaigns to drive member engagement & member interest in SIG’s;
- Ensure that all communication to key stakeholders (Member, Councils, SIGs, Board, Team, Government, AIIA Executive Team etc) occurs with clarity and timeliness;
- Maintaining and updating member details in SugarCRM;
- Preparing monthly reports (as required) to be extracted from SugarCRM;
- Support the GM Partnerships and Membership and perform administrative tasks to ensure the ‘Membership’ department’s workflow runs smoothly.
This is a part-time position based in either Sydney or Melbourne CBD. When applying, please state which office you are applying for.
A complete job description can be provided on request.
The AIIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Agencies, thank you.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume at email@example.com. Applications close 18th January 2019 at 5:00pm
The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) is Australia’s peak representative body and advocacy group for those in the digital ecosystem. Since 1978 AIIA has pursued activities to stimulate and grow the digital ecosystem, to create a favorable business environment for members and to contribute to Australia’s economic prosperity. We do this by delivering outstanding member value by providing a strong voice of influence; building a sense of community through events and education; enabling a network for collaboration and inspiration; and developing compelling content and relevant and interesting information.