Australian Information Industry Association
Chief Financial Officer / General Manager Finance & Corporate
CFO or Financial Controller for GM Finance and Corporate role at AIIA. Melbourne based.
- Hands on leadership with direct report to CEO
- Flexible working environment
- Help guide the association through its next stage of growth
- Part-time position – 3 to 4 days per week
The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) is Australia’s peak representative body and advocacy group for those in the digital ecosystem.
Since 1978 the AIIA has pursued activities to stimulate and grow the digital ecosystem, to create a favourable business environment for our members and to contribute to Australia’s economic prosperity.
We do this by delivering outstanding member value by:
- providing a strong voice of influence
- building a sense of community through events and education
- enabling a network for collaboration and inspiration; and
- developing compelling content and relevant and interesting information.
What YOU get to do:
- Reporting directly to the CEO, this role is a crucial part of the AIIA Executive which provides management and operational support for the activities of the Association nationally. Your duties will include:
- Strategy & Planning
- Assist with the delivery of the operational business plan
- Identify new opportunities for business growth
- Financial Management
- Identify and manage the commercial levers that can be moved to impact on financial performance
- Monitor, control and report the business’ financial performance and forecasts
- Operations and compliance
- Continual development and improvement of monthly “dashboard” KPI reporting
- Ensure that AIIA complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Overseeing assistant accountant and finance officer roles for accounts receivable, payable, payroll and month end tasks
- Oversight of the annual Board and Council Election process
- Responsible for all month end, year end reconciliation’s and preparation of accounts and board reporting
- Manage a small team within the department
What YOU will bring:
- Flexibility. AIIA is a small organisation and relies on team effort to achieve results
- Advanced excel and Xero skills
- Resilience and fresh ideas
- A willingness to do things better, quicker and easier
- A passion for change and making the world a better place through innovation
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?
This is a part-time position based in Melbourne CBD.
The AIIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Agencies, thank you.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 18th January 2019 at 5:00pm