Australian Information Industry Association
The AIIA in New South Wales connects members to a network of local contacts, events, information and business opportunities. The NSW is a large branch with more than 130 members operating throughout the state.
AIIA's interests and activities in NSW are coordinated by our NSW Council (listed below), an elected group of representatives from AIIA members who work on a voluntary basis to promote the Association and the ICT industry.
The AIIA in NSW:
- Offers access to knowledge, advice, contacts and business opportunities in the Sydney region and across the state
- Hosts a vibrant events program of business briefings, seminars and workshops which provide insight into industry trends and technologies. Sponsorship of these events provides AIIA members an opportunity to engage with Senior Corporate and Government Executives. Should you be interested in sponsoring a NSW event, please contact Luli Adeyemo (see Contacts below)
- Works with the NSW government to develop policies that support the growth of the ICT industry in the state, through the NSW Government SIG
- Supports a range of other State and National Special Interest Groups, especially:
- Promotes local ICT capability through our sponsorship of the NSW iAwards program
- Prepares submissions and provides business tools and networking opportunities to help local members boost their businesses.
- Hosted outstanding events featuring speakers David Whiteing, CIO, CBA and The Hon Dominic Perrottet, Minister for Department of Finance and Services
- Expanded the council to include a broader representation of the digital ecosystem including education UTS, Fishburners and Deutsche Bank.
- Initiated an important community engagement with Work Ventures to support their priorities
Dan Appleton - firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: Matt Wynn-Jones - Managing Director, Counterparts Technology
AIIA Events Team - email@example.com
Council members are elected at the State AGM, held in December each year, to serve for the following year.