Australian Information Industry Association
The Health PAN focuses its activities on fostering stronger collaboration between the Australian ICT industry, state and federal government and healthcare sector stakeholders to support the development of eHealth solutions.
Established in 2010 as the AIIA Healthcare Taskforce, the Health PAN functions as an expert advisory body within the AIIA to:
- Advise and assist the AIIA in responding to emerging trends in eHealth and related technologies, and their adoption by the Australian health sector
- Provide a forum for AIIA Members to develop business and procurement opportunities with relevant industry partners
- Undertake advocacy activities to positively influence policy in evidence-based, systematic approach in adopting eHealth initiatives, improvements in healthcare delivery through enhanced application of ICT
- and informing the development of appropriate standards and frameworks to support eHealth innovation
As part of its activities, the Health PAN has identified the following priority areas to drive and define its activities in 2020:
- Addressing issues relating to use of personal health data
- Encouraging reassessment of current healthcare sector funding regimes to enhance further innovation
- Informing the development of standards and frameworks relating to healthcare ICT systems (i.e. Integrated ERM systems, patient records management, etc.)
- Issues relating to use of AI in eHealth and associated ethical implications
- Simplified procurement procedures
To support the AIIA’s policy and advocacy activities, each PAN has its own Policy Advisory Leadership Team (PALT). The PALTs are dedicated Executive groups, which have been convened to steer their respective PAN activities, and provide high-level guidance and oversight.
For further information on the Health PAN and its activities, please contact email@example.com.