Australian Information Industry Association
Financial Services PAN
The Financial Services PAN is a collaborative group of business and technical professionals active within the Australian Financial Services Industry, representing businesses of varying sizes and capabilities.
Originally established in 2010 as the ‘Financial Services Network’, the Financial Services PAN functions as an expert advisory body within the AIIA to:
- advise and assist the AIIA in responding to emerging issues within the Australian FinTech sector and associated business and regulatory implications
- provide a network for innovators in financial services and the suppliers of technology solutions
- engage with other industry bodies to promote harmonisation of policy, legislation and standards across the Australian ICT industry
- provide a forum for AIIA members to focus on the development of technology-led business opportunities in financial services
- undertake advocacy activities to accelerate further innovation in financial services in Australia and inform regulatory frameworks that protects both consumer and business interests.
As part of its activities, the Financial Services PAN has identified the following priority areas to drive and define its activities in 2020:
- Responding to anticipated regulatory changes within the Australian financial services sector
- Guiding the development of the broader government policy and regulatory agenda
- The future of work and addressing ongoing industry skills requirements
- Addressing emerging issues arising from the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
Financial Services PALT
To support the AIIA’s policy and advocacy activities, each PAN has its own Policy Advisory Leadership Team (PALT). The PALTs are dedicated Executive groups, which have been convened to steer their respective PAN activities, and provide high-level guidance and oversight.
For further information on the Financial Services PAN, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.